Sunday, June 14, 2009

Oh knittery things, and HSKS

Just a quick one before I collapse into bed, hoping that I don't have to get back up for a long, long time.

Today was my father-in-laws graduation ceremony for his Masters Degree. I think, besides his parents, I am the only one in the family that is rather proud of that. And I was the only one cheering for him when his name was called. Brandon just kinda went "whoo" and Brittany did a strange grunting noise (and she was wondering why I suggested she goes as Milicent for the movie premier)

I learned how to do Intarsia!! I'm making a orange scarf for an online friend of mine, and since she is really bubbly I thought I would add polka dots to it. My Mother suggested I do Intarsia to make it look pretty, and what do you know, it looks great!

Also, I finally got my package from knit picks, and was finally able to start on my Such a Slytherin socks (free pattern on rav). I did a ridiculous little dance through the house, and then sat at my desk for the rest of the afternoon, watching lame horror movies (although Salem's Lot was really good), and knitting. I'm knitting them using the Magic Loop 2-at-a-time method. It's really fast, but can get a bit confusing; also, after hours of knitting your progress doesn't seem to be that big, which sucks.

So I've already been sorted into a cabin at HSKS. We should be getting out spoilee's information by the end of the weekend...and I have yet to know what the personal and cabin blogs are for, but I'll figure it out. =D On the bright side, I already know what kind of bag I want to make for them. Woot for preparedness.

No comments: