Thursday, June 11, 2009

HSKS8

Thanks to Ravelry I have joined a Swap. It's the Hogwarts Sock Kit Swap and I can't wait to get started. I found the group through a bunch of other group posts and links and after reading their blog and figuring out what the heck the swap is, I said "what the hey" and signed up. *is excited*

In other news: I finished the first ever pair of socks for myself. That's right, a pair of sock I don't have to give away to anyone. I'll edit the post and show you pictures just as soon as I get my hands on a camera.

Right now I'm passing the time with some Ballerina slippers until my order from knit picks comes in, so I can get started on a pair of slytherin socks that I found on ravelry. I had the hardest time finding colors that would look good together from knit picks, and then wouldn't you know I found a link to a site where someone from knit picks actually told us what colors would work well together for the houses. Friggen great. *pouts* Oh well. I'll be happy either way. I also have to make and finish a pair of gryffindor socks for my friend Katie, and all of this before the new movie premier in July.

And I just know that I'm going to have a complete melt down by the end of June because I'm just not getting the socks right. *sighs* Why do I give myself such bad dead lines?

No comments: