Saturday, June 20, 2009

Because I'm crazy like that

Finished with the leg portion of my Slytherin socks. On to the heel! Aaaas soon as I get an e-mail back from the creator of the pattern, Lykkefanten, explaining the pattern to me. It's not that I don't get it, I'm just wondering if it's a typo, or if my brain is having a dead moment.

The heel is worked over half the stitches (32), with two picked up along the side as a base for the heel stitches (makes it 34)...but then I'm supposed to knit 36 on the first row? I'm thinking it's a typo, but because I'm not sure, and I don't want to mess the whole thing up because I was being stupid and couldn't read right, I asked her.

Here is the crazy part I was talking about: Lykkenfante states in her pattern that both the 'S' on the heel and the Snake on the top of the foot can be added after the sock is done with duplicate stitch, although she also said that one could intarsia the 'S' if one really wants to do that. And guess what? I'm going to intarsia both!

So that's my laps in sanity, and I'm going to keep blindly skipping down the path of selfinduced knit-trauma until the snake hits the fan. Wish me luck.

1 comment:

SinKnitty said...

Good lord woman. Good luck! I can't wait to see them when they are finished. ~Ophelia B