Sunday, January 11, 2009

If it weren't for knitting...

For the last 28 hours, I have been watching my friends children while he is doing his Army weekend thingy. And for the last 24 hours I have been supressing the strong urge to strangle both boys with the knitting in my bag.

Stephen and Aiden are 4 and 2. So you can imagine the trouble those two can get into when you're not keeping your eyes glued on them. Aiden tends to do whatever Stephen is doing, which leads to a lot of crying, getting scolded, a ton of tears, and the phrase "You're mean Miss Nici," thrown my way more then once. It's great! Ugh. Don't get me wrong, they're wonderful kids, as long as they play in their playroom, and don't get that wild hair up their arse that makes me want to pull my own hair out because it doesn't seem that anything I say or do is going to make them calm down. It's times like those when I want to kiss the person that invented TV and shows like the Wonder Pets, Go Diego Go, and Batman. I am forever in your debt.

Also, The Project is now 7 days behind schedule...mostly because I have discovered that most of the knitting patterns are lacey and thus the yarn I have been using won't work....since I'll lose any and all detail and it will just look like a bunch of regular knitted swatches. And I want to see that pretty patterns. Soooo I'm going to go and buy some fingering weight yarn and start all over again. Granted I'll have to knit like two squares every day just to catch up, but I think it will be worth it.

No comments: