Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Small post of randomness

My sock design is history. I put the finished sock on my foot only to discover that A) it was too short by a good 2 inches, and B) that with the amount of stitches I had for my medium sized foot, the sock simply didn't work. The stitches were being stretched out too much. So I've unraveled one completely, the other I will give to my Mother (who has a small foot) and see if the measurements work out better for her. 'cause then I'll at least know the stitch count for one size. And then it's back to the drawing board...again.

I'm in the middle of test knitting a baby cardigan and some lacy fingerless gloves for my Mom. Both are really easy and knit up rather fast. If only I could get my butt into gear and stop bouncing from one project to the next. One of the gloves it blocking right now (mostly because I wasn't smart enough to do it the first time around) and I'm working diligently on the second...sort of.

HSKS started Dueling club yesterday. Basically people are paired up with someone, then everyone gets the same knitting or crochet pattern and one tries to finish the project and post a picture before their opponent does. For now I'm still in the race, having posted my picture of the Felicity hat before my opponent did. But seeing the others posting their pictures way before me makes me realize that most likely I won't get in for much longer. I kind of like the hat, but it's a bit tight and I'm not a huge fan of slouchy hats...but that's just me.

This weeks assignment is a quiz and an essay. I'm working on it slowly but surely, and will probably publish the post eventually, when I have answered all the questions. Kind of makes me feel like I'm in school all over again. I was never very good with Essay questions; I'd rather just talk about it.

Also, I'm pretty sure that the mailman is keeping my Fingerless Gloves Fanatics swap package hostage. I still haven't gotten it, and am pretty certain that I gave the right address. O.O;; I hope.

No comments: