Tuesday, September 14, 2010

HSKS Swap Week 1

I really should start a different blog for these swaps...although this doesn't get any traffic as it is, so I suppose it doesn't really matter...unless of course my regular readers (all one of them....HI MOM!) get annoyed with these. But moving on.

I'm part of the Hogwarts Super Kit Swap (or HSKS) again this time. It's pretty friggen awesome. And gives me something to do while I sit around, twiddling my thumbs, waiting for people to get off their butts and get to my paperwork...but I digress.

Week 1 assignments are already up and for this week we're supposed to get to know each other a little bit. So, while I go stalk get to know my fellow swapees, here are some tidbits about me. In bulletin style! And yes, the answers are congruent with questions posted by the mods.

  1. I knit, a lot. I would try crochet, but I can't be bothered to learn it, and really, if I started another craft my husband would kill me.
  2. I was born on June 6th.
  3. (Someone from a different country.) Does being born and raised for 12 yrs in Germany count? Maybe?
  4. (A new HSKS Family member.) I'm not really new.
  5. (Someone who has been in 3 or more HSKS swaps.) It's only been 2 for far.
  6. My yarn stash is kind of small...ish. I need to get another tub actually to fit all the skeins that are flying around the room. Although if you ask DH, he'll tell you that I have more then enough yarn to last me for the rest of our natural lives. But what does he know?
  7. Well, as stated in Question 1, I don't crochet.
  8. I have lots of favorite colors. But my top choice is always Blue. But followed right behind are Green, Gray, Brown, Pink, Red, Black (ooh, pretty colors)
  9. My favorite season is Summer. It's nice and warm, and you get tans, and you can wear skirts, and go swimming without freezing. But my favorite Holiday is Christmas (since my Birthday isn't a holiday...yet). Everyone is full of cheer, and glowyness, and warmth, and I love the Christmas lights/displays that everyone puts up.
  10. I like all fibers. Well, natural fibers at least.
I've gotten into spinning this past year. Although all my plied yarns unravel just a little bit so you have this strange spun/not-spun thing going on. I also love books, but most of them have only torn pieces of paper stuck between the pages 'cause I'm short on book marks *hint, hint*. My favorite books are Fantasy; especially the Vampire related ones. But not the sparkly, vegetarian type of vampires. I'm talking kill-you-if-the-can vampires, and drink blood vampires, like Dracula.
I drink coffee on a regular basis and probably have more caffeine in my blood stream then blood. I also rather like chocolate.

That's pretty much everything interesting that I can think of. I could ramble on and on, but I'm thinking this post is long enough...and my tummy is rumbley for dinner.

2 comments:

Dyeforsocks1965 said...

So what exactly have you doen with my daughter, you body snatcher?

YogaKnot said...

I started spinning last year. I haven't had time to work on it since the baby was born. Hopefully I'll get back to it soon. :)

minerva wood