Sunday, January 2, 2011

Happy New Year!

I'm only a little bit late on that one.

So, the new year is already off to a good stat. =3 All my Christmas knitting was done on time, Husband finally has a job and he loves it; he's a security guard for UPS., and I have a tentative job as a Nanny for two very wonderful children. I say tentative because there is a bit of an issue with payment. But we'll work it out.

On Ravelry a lot of people are doing some form of 11-in-2011. Basically people are knitting/crocheting 11 items of some the same kind (scarfs, hats, sweaters, socks, etc). And guess who's jumped onto that bandwagon? *raises hand* I'll be doing 11 Fingerless gloves. Which is great, because I need to get 2 of them out of the way a.s.a.p since they are belated Christmas gifts. But yeah...with only 11 to worry about, I'll probably end up knocking them out of the park by March...and then I'll have to find something else to do. OH! maybe I'll find a 11-socks-in-2011. I'm sure there has to be one somewhere.

And I'll let you know about my latest convertible mitten design. It looks great so far, I just can't decided on what kind of flip top I want to put on. A lot of the convertible mitts that I see hide the pattern once you flip the top over to use your fingers. I don't like that. So I was thinking of just putting the pattern on both sides of the top...but then there would be a lace pattern on the fingers when you put the flip-top over your hand....
Decisions, decisions.
Meh, I'll figure it out.

No comments: