Monday, January 2, 2012

I suck at this blanket thing

So I thought if I got started on Cierra's baby blanket as soon as she told me she was pregnant, I would have all the time I need to get a blanket done. After all, at nine blocks total I could make one block every month and be done with it. Yeah...that so totally didn't happen. Leah is going to be here in a month (give or take) and I've only completely 4 blocks. Maybe I can give the blanket to the kid as a going-away-to-college present...hmm.

I also found out recently that our mutual friend Heather is pregnant as well. =.=
During Cierra's baby shower I gave her a set of felted baby booties (the only baby related item I had laying around the house) and  while everyone oohed and aahed about how cute they were, Heather piped up with "you'll knit for me too, right?" when Cierra proudly explained that all my baby shower gifts for her were in various stages of WIP. Son.Of.A.Bitch....So that's another blanket for Heather, and various small items me thinks. Thankfully I already have a pattern picked out, and know what colors to use, purple and white, so that might make the blanket finish-able (is that a word?) by her due date...I doubt it.


No comments: