Yeah, I'm halfway to the finish line, meaning I have almost one cardigan finished all the way. That is if the damned thing start behaving itself. Oh yeah, when I said "baby cardigan, that will be easy!" I was definitely speaking too soon. This thing has had more mistakes in it then a first graders math paper. Here is what I all messed up on!
- Cast on the wrong amount of stitches for the back 3 times,
- mess up shoulder & neck shaping on back,
- add neck shaping onto arm hole shaping on left front, undo it,
- cast on right front with wrong needle size,
- knit one more row with smaller size then I am supposed to,
- cast on wrong amount of stitches for sleeve 1,
- knit one sleeve more often then the other,
- don't pay attention to what decreases I'm doing,
- tink back both sleeves because of messed up shoulder shaping,
- undo sleeve 1 all together,
- mess up on final shaping again anyways,
- knit too many rows for left border,
- forget to put in button holes for right border,
- knit not enough rows for right border,
- pick up and knit too many stitches for neck band
- pick up and knit 22 of those neckband stitches with a randomly long end thread,
- then knit 2 rows with said random long end.
Oh, did I mention that I also miscalculated the amount of yarn I need for both, so now I'm having to go back to the yarn shop with the lady that commissioned them (alright, so that's not so bad, after all it is a yarn shop) so we can buy another skein.
Honestly it can't get worst from here.