Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Washington, a spinners limbo

I obviously live in the wrong state when it comes to spinning.
As advised by other spinners I called around to yarn shops to see if any of them carried spinning wheels. Only a few of them did. So I picked the closest one (still an hour and a half car ride), and went to try some out. There were only three that were up my ally because they're small and compact or fold up. Now of course I'm waffling between two of them, because at $600 and above per wheel, I want the most bang for my buck, so to speak. I received a bunch of great pro/con advice from other spinners and a few of them suggested I look into renting or borrowing a wheel. So I called just about every shop around the western side of Washington, and not a single one of them rents out their wheels. Not.A.One. How the hell is that even possible?!
So like I said, I obviously live in the wrong state...either that or these other spinners that have rented wheels to try them out live in a different dimension. That is the only explanation I have.

No comments: