Monday, July 24, 2017

I can't KAL

I love the idea of a good KAL. Of getting together at Knit Night and working on the same project with others; of helping pick out colors; of seeing the progress from each person. And ultimately being jealous of the one person that has unlimited hours to knit, while I'm stuck at work.

I love the idea of KAL's. In practice however, I suck at them.

I participated in a shawl KAL when I first joined my knitting group. 3 inches into the pattern I realized this was not the project for me. And it wasn't the patterns fault; I have it saved and want to make it again a different time. It was the yarn/pattern combination that I wasn't happy with. So I frogged the whole thing.

Fast forward 4 years, and my Mom and I were going to do a sock KAL. We have the same skein of yarn, and we were going to see how it knits up in different patterns. Mom has one cuff on, and I have...the yarn skeined.
We talked about doing a sweater KAL...and I'm sure that will work out as well as our socks.

I am, however, doing pretty well with my Camp Loopy projects. I've been trucking along on my Daybreak Shawl like mg life depended on it. I got a lot of knitting done over the weekend (especially on Sunday while DH went fishing), and only have 4 boarder repeats to go. And I'm super excited to finish it. I don't know how many stitches are on the needle, and honestly I don't want to know;the number is only going to depress me. Hopefully I'll get it done this weekend, so I can move on to the next thing! We'll see how that goes...


No comments: